1. Skye and Liza started writing it over Facebook Messenger before moving it to Google docs.
2. They did not plot it out before writing it (something that makes Liza VERY nervous, to the point where she turned into a clingy girlfriend and messaged Skye constantly with questions).
3. Lysander's name was Tyler until a third into writing the manuscript.
4. The legend of the Lorelei is a real legend, originating in Germany, and you can visit the statue.
5. While talking about the untitled work-in-progress, Liza called it "the Skyza book".
6. The book was finished before they realized Avery didn't have a last name. Liza picked Bennett because she's a Pride & Prejudice fan.
7. Charles was half elf before Skye and Liza decided he should be half faerie lord.
8. Keira Blackwood, another paranormal romance author (and Liza's other coauthor) designed the cover.
9. The "real" Song of Blood (lyrics to the tune of "My Favorite Things" that Liza wrote after reading one of Skye's battle scenes) was a random comment Liza threw into the margin of the manuscript as a joke.
10. Skye wrote the German words that Avery sings to heal Tasha.
11. A placeholder title on their Google doc read "Avery's Epic Vandemic Tale".
12. While writing and editing, Liza and Skye teased each other constantly about British English vs. American English.
Leave a Reply.
Scottish storyteller. Tea drinker. Cat tamer. Highland walker. Believes in unicorns and happily ever afters.