This winter is going to be all about aliens! Here's a wee preview of what's to come.
Don't want to wait? Take a loolk at my existing sci-fi and alien books!
1. Skye and Liza started writing it over Facebook Messenger before moving it to Google docs.
2. They did not plot it out before writing it (something that makes Liza VERY nervous, to the point where she turned into a clingy girlfriend and messaged Skye constantly with questions).
3. Lysander's name was Tyler until a third into writing the manuscript.
4. The legend of the Lorelei is a real legend, originating in Germany, and you can visit the statue.
5. While talking about the untitled work-in-progress, Liza called it "the Skyza book".
6. The book was finished before they realized Avery didn't have a last name. Liza picked Bennett because she's a Pride & Prejudice fan.
7. Charles was half elf before Skye and Liza decided he should be half faerie lord.
8. Keira Blackwood, another paranormal romance author (and Liza's other coauthor) designed the cover.
9. The "real" Song of Blood (lyrics to the tune of "My Favorite Things" that Liza wrote after reading one of Skye's battle scenes) was a random comment Liza threw into the margin of the manuscript as a joke.
10. Skye wrote the German words that Avery sings to heal Tasha.
11. A placeholder title on their Google doc read "Avery's Epic Vandemic Tale".
12. While writing and editing, Liza and Skye teased each other constantly about British English vs. American English.
I've got a present for you!
I was stalking one of my favourite artists and saw that she'd recently done portraits of queens with cats. It's not all that long ago that I published Saving His Queen, a time travel romance about featuring Mary Queen of Scots, So with a bit of begging I got her to design me a colouring page of Mary with a cat!
I'm so excited to share this and I hope you'll like it. You can download it for free below and print it yourself.
Share your coloured-in pictures with me on social media once you're done, I'd love to see what you come up with!
I've got a new book for you! Song of Blood is co-written with the magnificent Liza Street and is a post-apocalyptic reverse harem with sirens, fae, shifters and vampires. Bit of everything, so to speak, set against the background of the Vandemic.
Empty supermarket shelves, mass panic, staying indoors.Sound familiar?
This is why.
Back in March, when everything shut down for the first time, I wrote a few paragraphs about a woman having a bit of a nightmare finding toilet paper in the shops. I sent it to Liza and she added some more words and several months later, we have a full, long novel. I think it's been a bit therapeutic for both of us to write about a fictional, humorous vampire pandemic. Without toilet paper, obviously.
Storyteller. Tea drinker. Bunny cuddler. Highland walker. Scottish by choice.